TROtt is made even more special by the wonderful people who donate their time every week. Whether it’s working with our amazing students, our wonderful horses or maintaining the property and doing chores, our volunteers work tirelessly to ensure everyone who comes to TROtt feels welcome and celebrated.
TROtt is very lucky to have so many dedicated volunteers. Each year, our volunteers donated over 7000 hours in classes. This doesn’t include the many hours volunteers donated to us with barn chores, help with training and our handy maintenance crew.
Without each and every one of our volunteers we couldn’t change lives. Thanks to all of you! Your time with us means so much.
Become a TROtt Volunteer!
Here at TROtt, our volunteers play a vital role in the operation of our Riding Program. We are very fortunate to have a terrific team of over 100 volunteers who, cumulatively, donated over 6000 hours of their time last year! Our dedicated group assists with grooming, tacking up, as well as ‘horse-handling’ and ‘side-walking’ during the lessons. No ‘horse’ experience? No problem. We offer extensive training to all new volunteers.
Volunteering at TROtt provides the opportunity to establish rewarding relationships with both our riders and horses.
- Must be 14 years of age or older. We welcome any high school students looking to complete hours for their curriculum
- Reasonable level of fitness (e.g. be able to run alongside a trotting horse for 40 to 80 M)
- Able to commit to one 2-hour time slot per week (or more if you wish!). There are 4 sessions of 6 to 15 weeks per year, and we ask volunteers to commit to at least one full session.
- Online – complete our Online Enquiry Form and a volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you to arrange a date for orientation & training.
- Complete our Membership Form and email to email@example.com or mail to TROtt, 6362-1 Bank St, Greely, ON K4P 1J4
- Got questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-821-1844 and leave a message on the voicemail for our Volunteer Coordinator
Can’t do Horses?
If horses are not for you, that’s ok; volunteers are needed in other capacities, such as assisting with fundraising, administrative or Board activities. Please contact us for more information!